The NUOVA office will be located in room: N109
STUDENTS: Photocopiers are available at the King’s University library. If the library is closed, you may use the NUOVA Office photocopier for a fee of $0.20 / copy. Pay in advance, $10 fee to create a tab, or alternatively we can compile your photocopying costs and you can pay at the end of the program. There are tracking sheets available where you can pay in advance and track your balance. REMEMBER DON’T TRY TO SOLVE NUOVA PHOTOCOPIER PROBLEMS. Let Giulia know.
FACULTY: Please use the NUOVA photocopier when you need copies
Inside the NUOVA Office N109 there is a binder with request sheets inside. Please fill it out and Kim & Martin will do their best to try and accommodate. If your request has not been accommodated in 3-4 days, you can put it in the binder again, but remember that there are 60+ other participants and only so many hours in a day, so it may not be possible.
The King’s University is operational during the summer. Though there are few students, there are people working. Please keep your hallway noise down to a minimum and socialize quietly in public spaces. Make as much noise as you need behind a closed door of a practice room or lesson room!
You are not allowed to practice until after noon on Sunday Mornings to be respectful of the Church Services that happen in the Atrium.
Opera NUOVA will have a coffee & tea station set up outside the NUOVA office N109. Coffee and tea by donation. Please donate what you can every time you help yourself.
- PLEASE BRING A REUSABLE CUP! ●
King’s University is a dry campus. NO Alcohol is permitted on site. This includes the residence.
The Facility does fine students who are caught with alcohol.
When leaving any room, shared space or public seating area be sure to clean up after yourself. Do not leave garbage, cups, or personal belongings behind. Remind your colleagues to do the same.
If someone has hurt themselves, is having a panic attack or injured in anyway please follow the following procedures
- If it is an emergency call 911 immediately – King’s Address is 9125-50 Street
- Tell someone from the NUOVA Office, call NUOVA phone at (780) 487-4844, Kim at (780) 298-4934 or Martin at (780) 242-2824
- Fill out an incident report in the Office after the event
Practice Rooms, Classrooms & Schedules
Please come to the NUOVA Office N-109 and asked to be let into the room.
All the rooms that NUOVA uses are booked through The King’s University. They have been labeled and reserved for us. Please do not use a room that is not booked for NUOVA. Some rooms need keys and must stay locked when not in use, while others are locked by security at the end of each day.
If you are booked in a room that is locked, please see the NUOVA Office to gain access.
The following rooms must be left locked when empty. Please turn off the lights and ensure the door is locked. If you have the key to this room, return it immediately to the NUOVA office:
F108 F202 F203 F204
No food or drink in any practice rooms.
Never remove a piano or piano bench from any room.
Do not tamper with or adapt anything on a piano. Do not removed any parts of the piano.
No food or drinks may be placed on a piano at any time.
Pianos may only be moved from a room or rehearsal space with the authorization of the NUOVA administration.
Daily class and rehearsal schedules will be emailed out at the end of the night.
They will also be posted around the Kings Campus.
- Outside the NUOVA office N109
- Outside Practice Room F103
- In the rehearsal halls
THEY ARE ALWAYS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
- You may be called in more than one place at once on purpose, on the schedule it will indicate a first priority and then after you head to the second priority.
- If a conflict arises during office hours, please fill out the conflict in the conflict binder in N109, if it is urgent you can tell Martin directly.
The King’s Security will lock all the practice rooms and classrooms at the end of each day. They typically lock the rooms at 10 pm.
Driving & Transportation to Events
For events that are not at the King’s University we will be assigning drivers to take you to and from King’s. You must be ON TIME or you will be responsible for finding your own way to the event/rehearsal etc.
- DRIVERS & PASSENGERS will always meet at the doors to the EAST ENTRANCE near the theatre/NUOVA office
- DRIVERS – as soon as everyone that is assigned to go in your car has arrived, you are welcome to leave. If someone has not arrived on time:
- Text/Call them – you will have their information on the contact sheet
- Do not wait more than a couple minutes for anyone.
- Text the NUOVA office (780) 487-4844 if you have left without someone because they are late
- If you are going to be a few minutes late call/text the assigned driver
- If you are going in a different car or making different arrangements you MUST tell your assigned driver
- Text the NUOVA Office (780) 487-4844 to let us know what is going on
- If the car has left, you are responsible for getting yourself to the venue at your own cost
- If you will be late to a rehearsal you should text your stage manager
You are required to clean out all garbage and anything left in the apartment that was not there when you arrived. Look at the letter that was included in your check-in package to avoid additional costs.
There is a $25 fee that will be added to your bill if you check in after 10pm.
Every time that you lock yourself out of your room and someone from King’s needs to let you in a $10 fee will be added to your bill.