Application Deadline for All Programs
Saturday November 6, 2021
All auditions will be via YouTube or DVD.
While the Artistic Director will consider submissions past this point, the repertoire will be decided based on the applications submitted by the soft deadline. Casting will be decided immediately, so it’s best to be in the first group of applications.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS & FORM
Application form for Singers: CLICK HERE
Application form for Pianists click: CLICK HERE
*******NOTE: We anticipate that our 2022 Intensive Programs will require new repertoire for the Music Theatre/Opera Festival. We will use the submitted auditions to confirm whether it is plausible to reprogram our original double bill of Dido and Aeneas & Aeneas and Dido, The Crucible, and The Music Man. Singers who were recently offered placement in roles will be strongly considered as first choices, but at this point, ALL roles in ALL productions are considered available.
Reminder – If you wish to apply for a bursary or a scholarship, the application MUST be included with your audition package.
Please note: Singers must provide their own pianist.
TEN-DAY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
- One aria or music theatre solo
- One contrasting art song (any language or style is acceptable)
FIVE-WEEK APPRENTICE PROGRAM
- One art song (any language or style is acceptable)
- One contrasting aria of your choice
SIX-WEEK OPERATIC EMERGING ARTIST PROGRAM
- One Italian aria
- One non-Italian aria or art song representing another language (Please provide contrasting styles and tempi. No Oratorio.)
- One English aria, music theatre, or operetta selection
SIX-WEEK MUSIC THEATRE EMERGING ARTIST PROGRAM
One song from each of the following eras:
- The Golden Age (1943-1965) (Composers such as Rodgers and Hammerstein, Lerner and Loewe, Bock and Harnick, etc.)
- Contemporary Musical Theatre repertoire (any song written after 2000) (Composers such as Kander and Ebb, Schwartz, Finn, Guettel, Pasek & Paul, etc.
- A 2-minute monologue (Classical or contemporary)
Please note: Pianists must provide their own singers.
SIX WEEK COLLABORATIVE PIANIST PROGRAM
- Two contrasting arias- one from the standard repertoire and one from the contemporary repertoire. Please perform the rep in a collaborative performance WITH A SINGER*: