Opera NUOVA is thrilled to announced auditions for Tuck Everlasting, the musical theatre production that is going to be presented in July 2022 at the Triffo Theatre located downtown Edmonton at the Grant MacEwan University. The production is part of our 2022 Opera and Music Theatre Festival.
Tech rehearsals: July 6-12, 2022
Performances: July 13, 15, 16, 17, 2022
1) ENSEMBLE: We are building an ensemble from the members of the Edmonton theatre community. Ensemble members must have a strong vocal/dance background. Chosen ensemble members are not required to take part in the full program and therefore there is no tuition fee, but must be available for evening rehearsals and available for daytime technical rehearsals the week of July 6-12.
2) ROLES: We are looking to cast several roles. Following roles are available:
Winnie Foster – we are looking for a young adult actress, or an actress that can pass for a teen, with strong acting and singing abilities.
Miles Tuck – Baritone/Tenor – Young Adult
Jesse Tuck – Tenor, youthful sound – strong high belt
Constable Joe – Tenor, mature sound
Angus Tuck – Tenor, Mature Sound
Hugo – Tenor, late teens
Betsy Foster – Mezzo, Mature Sound
Nana – Alto, Mature/Elderly
This is a fantastic opportunity for performers to invest in their artistic development in the field of musical theatre and prepare for a role in a semi-professional setting. But, the participation in this production goes beyond the regular rehearsal process and the eventual performances.
In addition to preparing a role in Tuck Everlasting, as part of this 6-Week program June 4-July 17, 2022, participants will receive instruction in Creative Process, Acting, Movement, Alexander Technique, Clown & Mask, Diction, Language and Vocal Interpretation taught by distinguished faculty who are experts in their field. Our guest teachers, who are internationally recognized artists, give daily mini-master classes, public forum master classes, private voice lessons and professional development seminars. Tuition is $2650. Scholarships are available for the right candidates.
Deadline for video submissions is January 30, 2022.
1) Current Headshot
2) Current Resume
3) Links Video (YouTube, google drive, other)s:
- Introductory Slate where you talk about yourself, highlight some of your past training/performance roles and what you hope to achieve/learn
- 2 minute contemporary up-beat musical theatre piece that is similar to the style of the music in Tuck Everlasting
- 2 minute contrasting musical theatre piece that is similar to the style of the music in Tuck Everlasting
After we have reviewed all audition slates, there will be an invited dance call.
Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org